Islam’s eternal message is for all times and for all human situations, every age and every society has a responsibility to understand it in the light of its universal reality…
Iqra Education Foundation, Mumbai is a registered Trust (WAQF) established in 1999 by concerned Muslims to respond to the growing need of Islamic Education for our children, youth and adults in accordance of the laws and regulations of Indian, state and local government.
All IQRA’ assets are an Islamic Waqf in perpetuity and not owned or shared by any government, group, family, or individual.
IQRA’ will be financed by the contributions of its Ansar (supporters), sale of its books and grants by philanthropic organizations.
Iqra’ Foundation is pursuing the clearly defined Iqra’ Vision of Iqra’ International Educational Foundation, Chicago (USA), promoting Islamic education and would endeavor to adopt, adapt, publish, promote and distribute Educational Program of Iqra International Education Foundation, Chicago (IIEF), for the benefit of Muslim Children and youth.
- Iqra has creatively applied modern methodology to the production of literature and teachings of Islamic studies.
- Iqra provides consultation to educational institutions and training to the teachers.
- It will focus on Islamic education and develop literature reflecting Islamic Studies and Indo-Islamic culture for all levels and for all people.
- It will identify Islamic literary heritage in Urdu, Persian and Arabic and make endeavors to have this literature translated in all the major languages of South Asia.
- It will creatively apply modern methodology to the production of literature and teaching of Islamic Studies.
- It will provide consultation to educational institutions and training to the teaching of Islamic studies to improve the quality of Islamic education.
- It will establish and encourage the establishment of institutions to providing authentic Islamic knowledge to all the people of South Asia.
- It will promote communal harmony, better understand among various communities of India by explaining them the true universal message of Islam.
Islam’s eternal message is for all times and for all human situations, every age and every society has a responsibility to understand it in the light of its universal reality.
Indian laws, constitution and social environment offer all religious communities an opportunity to work for their beliefs and to establish institutions to promote their ideals, and yet be a part of the Indian dream to establish a free, just and affluent society.
Muslims have a great opportunity and even greater responsibility to interact with other communities and to cooperate with others in promoting good (Birr) and righteousness (Taqwa) to make human society a better place to live.
IQRA’ believes that the best way to achieve these objectives is through systematic, planned, and organized Islamic education. For this objective IQRA’ Education Foundation is established and to this end many members of the IQRA’ team have dedicated their lives, Al-hamdu li-Allah.
From Polarization to Integration
For several centuries, complete polarization has divided the educational system (in fact, dividing the ‘Ummah) between the ‘Ulama’ and the secular elite. The two systems and their proponent two groups, the secular and religious, have even refused dialogue with each other. In many instances, they are hostile and quarreling.
The IQRA’ program makes a serious effort to bridge the gap between secular and religious groups in preparing a new generation to be knowledgeable in Islam and an embodiment of its teachings, and a professional of excellence in its chosen professional field.
IQRA’ Program requires the teaching of Islamic Studies only five hours a week and children at all the four levels, pre-school, elementary, Junior and Senior will become scholars in their own right and at their own level.